Suggest remedies for painful sores in the armpit

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, I unfortunately drink way too much alcohol and have been doing so for a number of years. I have recently developed a painful rash/sores in my left armpit..is the normally associated with alcoholism? thanks XXXX
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
NO. Probably an infection in no way related to alcoholism!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this rash.I have reviewed the attached image of the left armpit. It is not directly related to alcohol as everyone can have it but it is important to know that alcohol weakens the general defense system and makes this more likely than not. This is likely an infection of the soft tissue/hair follicles. apply warm compresses and continue with the antiseptic cream. Cleanse daily at least twice. If pains or fevers sets in, take tylenol and or Ibuprofen for relief.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. If you can cut on your alcohol consumption, that would be great and will guarantee a healthier live for you and your family. Feel free too ask for more information and clarification is need be.