Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Suggest prescription for gout pain relief

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 6185 Questions
iam i need of pain medication for gout and dont have funds for doctor visits and onother blood test ,can u help me with a prescrition for endocen,vicoden or norcos, and flexeall
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: This is likely impossible Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about your pains. These drugs that you have requested are controlled substances that cannot be prescribed our this service portal. Please, check the prescription to see if the doctor didn't authorise any possible refills at least for the indocin which is the most important right now. You do not really need to go back in person for your prescription refill especially if the diagnosis had been confirmed and you put on drugs. Try and call the doctor' office to hear what they have to say whether they would insist on you coming in or they can simply authorize the refill over the phone. If you cannot get these drugs refilled, try over the counter pain medications like Ibuprofen and Tylenol. Though not the best for this condition, they are better than going without any. I know this is not exactly what you would have loved but we cannot provide beyond this for now. I hope the above guides you towards a solution to this. At worse, take the huge burden and get the treatment and see how you battle with the bills later in future. Your health is a priority. I wish you well. I wish you a speedy control of symptoms. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. Thanks. Dr, Ditah, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor