Can I Lortab for Flu symptoms?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: iI have been taking Lortab 5/500 3 times a day for 2 years.As of 3 days ago I came down with what seemed like the flu.I stopped taking the Lortab so I could take an over the counter med.Now t seems my flu symptoms are worse.Should I take a Lortab until I see my dr,tomorrow?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 53 minutes later
Brief answer....worsening of your symptoms are due to sudden withdrwal of LORTAB as well as SEROQUEL. Detailed answer.... Hello, Thanks for the query. Withdrwal of LORTAB results in nausea,vomiting,diarrhea,agitation,running nose etc and similarly withdrwal of SEROQUEL results in nausea,vomiting,lightheadedness,tachycardia,headache,anxiety etc. Acute withdrawl of both the drugs together has compounded their side effects resulting in worsening of your flu symptoms. I would advise you to resume both the drugs LORTAB as well as SEROQUEL. If you ever want to discontinue these drugs in future,always do it very gradually and under the guidance of your doctor. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks