Suggest natural remedy for high blood pressure

Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: How can I lower my High Blood Pressure Naturally- I exercise every day for 30-50 mins and try to eat healthy food. Is there any pill that will help me? I read that Magnesium and Potassium will help.
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
salt restriction, physical activity, normal body weight

Detailed Answer:

the most effective natural method to help your blood pressure regulation is by adopting a healthy lifestyle. I'll list some 'interventions' for you.
- reduce salt consumption: high salt consumption may lead to elevated levels of blood pressure. Watch for the hidden salt in various snacks, bread, pies, cheese, etc
- physical activity: what you do is more than enough.
- maintain a healthy body weight and a healthy diet: obesity increases the blood pressure levels. Loosing weight helps.

Unfortunately there are no other well documented natural methods to reduce your blood pressure significantly. Please note though that your ultimate goal is to reduce your risk for cardiovascular complications. Blood pressure is not the only risk factor for cardiovascular complications. Smoking for example is another factor, so if you do smoke, then you should consider quitting. Increased lipid levels is another factor. You can find out if your lipids are too high with a simple blood test.

I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.

Kind Regards!