Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Suggest medicine for infected tooth

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1774 Questions
I am having a reaction to tea- clindamycin 300mg, is there another antibiotic I can take for an infected tooth?
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cirprofloxacin will be a better alternative

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day


If you are allergic to Clindamycin, I would suggest you to immediately discontinue the use of same.
In that case if antibiotic is really indicated then Cirprofloxacin will be a good alternative.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Take care
Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest medicine for infected tooth 1 hour later
Is cirprofloxacin used for infection in jaw, teeth , gum?
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cirprofloxacin is used for oral infection

Detailed Answer:

Yes ciprofloxacin is used for gum and oral cavity infection.

Take care

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor