Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

175 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest medication to stimulate breast tissue growth in men

Answered by
Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1991

Answered : 2953 Questions

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in Sexual Health
Question: Good day,
I am 40 year old white man who is interested in developing female breasts to some extent. I am realistic and not looking for a full male to female transition. Currently, I'm 5'8" 200 lbs with a handful of man breasts already. Again, I'm not willing to transition full time and just need my male breasts to look more feminine. So, what medication should I consider taking to achieve my goal ? will my current breasts tissue help ?
I forgot to mention that I am very healthy, do periodic doctor check ups, never smoked and never consumed alcohol or any drugs.
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Estradiol (estrace) is one of the more potent estrogens.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

I think the type of practitioner that would be able to guide you best would be someone who specializes in transgender care, even if you are not looking to fully go that route.

If you are looking to feminize your breasts, taking estradiol orally or with a patch will help. Progestins probably will have less effect. Anti androgen (demasculinizing) medications will help the estrogen work better, but it sounds like you are wanting only minimal effect.

The dosage of estradiol and adjustments to dosage depend on measured testosterone levels.

Another option, given that you already have some fatty breast tissue, is to wear an underwire bra that pushes up the breasts you already have. This might give the effect you are looking for without messing with your hormones.

I hope this information helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 9 minutes later
Thank you. This is helpful. However, how do I get Estradiol (Estrace) ? can it be purchased online ? if yes, any reliable source you know of ? I also heard that injections give better and faster results. Do you recommend that I try that ?
What are the chances of developing some female-like breasts at my age ?
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Best way to get estradiol:

Detailed Answer:
I think that at least to start with, the safest way to get Esterace would be to find a trans-knowledgeable doctor. I see that you are in New York, so there should be someone to help there. I am recommending as least starting with a physician rather than online because the doctor can measure your current level of male hormones and adjust the dose of estradiol accordingly. They can also give you a prescription which you can get filled from a regular pharmacy which would provide the most safety. And if there is an online site that is reliable source, they will likely know as they will have other patients using it. But I am sorry I do not know of a reliable source.

Injections of medications often are a more direct route of access as it bypasses the variable of how much is absorbed via the digestive tract. I am not an expert in hormone delivery, but other than providing a more reliable delivery route, it would still take time for hormones to have their effect, regardless of their route.

I am not a specialist in trans-care, and unfortunately I do not think we have one on this site. I do know that hormonal changes can have an effect at any age. Likely the effects will be slow and not extreme. And the effects will also depend on your own level of testosterone.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Drug/Medication ,  

Recent questions on  Testosterone

doctor1 MD

Hi.. Im 30yrs old and have very minimum facial hair. I have sparse sideburns and hairs at chin area only. I have consulted doctor to check my testosterone and the results was normal. Im currently taking biotin tablets just started and yet to see any results. .Can you advice me further to increase my beard growth

doctor1 MD

Hi I am 28 and I have struggled with weight issues most of my life. I know that I have to do something about my weight to help with my really low libido but in order to not diminish my husband anymore than I am now with my lack of sexual drive I am wondering if there are natural supplements that might help in the meantime. I have learned that talking myself into wanting sex just does not work. I also know that after 10 years I still love my husband and am attrracted to him but I dont seem to be attracted to myself.

doctor1 MD

suffering from pcos from past 10 yrs , right now im 27 yrs old and want to concieve, trying from past 1 year but not able to concieve and taking metformin and oosure regularly.......... can i concieve my periods are irregular and testosterone level is high

doctor1 MD

I have been having touble producing testosterone even with 4 pumps of Androgel - around 4.3 (42), I also having issues with Thyroid TSH 10.3, along with that a blood work up of my vitamins show very low B12. Is the deficient of B12 a possible link to low Testosterone? Any other possible links with described information?

doctor1 MD

I have high blood pressure(165/110) and was put on Lisinoprin 3 weeks ago and it has come down about 30 points...however i have head aches and have shortness of breath . I wake up at night and feel like i'm not getting enough oxygen . I weigh 260...

doctor1 MD

My total testosterone level is 735, with my free test level being 71, with a range of 50 to 180 for free test according to the doctor. Is my free test low or normal. I am 55 at 5' 9, 189lbs I cant find a chart that shows my free test levels...

doctor1 MD

can aplastic anemia be treated with testosterone therapy . the are quite a number of tests (from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX to lesser known medical schools) involving hundreds of 65 plus males who where given testosterone treatments over a period of time and...