• question-icon

Suggest medication for skin infection

Posted on Mon, 30 May 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi doctor i am suffering from skin infection for the past few days. I have attached the image of the infection. I am taking terabine tablets and clotrimazole cream. Please tale a look at the image and suggest me some foods.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Herpes zoster

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

As explained in your previous query. I would keep a diagosis of Herpes Zoster. This is not ringworm.

I suggest Oral antiviral i.e Vacivir 1 gm three times daily for a week and topically you may apply T-Bact cream. You may also take Flexon for pain relief.

There are no dietary advices for Herpes Zoster. The skin lesions should resolve in about a week however pain may last for a few weeks.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 54 minutes later
Hi doctor, Thanks for the info. I gone through google andI am worried about it. Is it completely curable?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is completely curable

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Yes it is completely curable.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist