Suggest medication for high BP

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 15 Oct 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: my mom's blood pressure is high at the moment but she has already taken her perscribed dosage for the day. Should she go to the emergency room or should she take more medicine?
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Following answer to your query...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

First of all would like to know your mother exact BP readings. As a general rule if your mother BP is less than 200/110 mmHg and she doesn't experience other cardiovascular symptoms (including dyspnea, chest pain, paralysis, numbness etc.) she should take another pll of losartan (this is the maximal daily dose (200 mg).

Otherwise she should go to ER to treat hypertension in order to prevent an hypertensive crisis.

Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu