question-icon

Suggest dosage of Eltroxine with TSH level of 10

Posted on Sat, 6 Dec 2014
Question: My TSH is 10. What should be dose of altroxine for me?
Answered by Dr. Ajish TP (35 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
The dose depends on your weight and TSH

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Welcome to HCM. I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.

You are having hypothyroidism as your TSH is high. Probably you are on tablet Eltoxin 100 mcg/day. This is a thyroid hormone replacement. The dose depends on your weight and TSH. How long you are on Eltroxin?

If you are more than 1 months on Eltroxin, I suggest you to see your physician and do a repeat thyroid function tests. If TSH is still high the doctor will increase Eltroxin dose and if it is below normal he will decrease dose.

The dose of Eltroxin on follow up is the dose needed to keep your TSH between 0.5 and 3 miu/L

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
With warm regards,
Dr Ajish TP (MD,DM)
Consultant Endocrinologist.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Dr. Ajish TP

Endocrinologist