Suggest dosage for Cymbalta

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Anxiety and Stress
Question: been on cymbalta 40 mg a little over a week. Is this dosage amount going fo help with my anxiety/depression or do i need to go to 60mg? Dr wants me to stay on this dose for 6 weeks then make changes after that if needed.
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wait for some weeks to increase the dose.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for asking from HCM

Cymbalta is Duloxetine and the drug is a SNRI drug. Most of antidepressants cause changes at receptor levels and this takes about 4-6 weeks. You are on 40 mg for a week only, I'd advise you to wait for at least 3 weeks to start seeing effects. After that if needed dose can be increased.

Thanks, hope this helps you please don't hesitate to ask again for more information.
Follow up: Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 2 hours later
Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thanks and take care

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your appreciation.