Suggest dietary restrictions for diverticulitis
a healthy diet prevents diverticulitis attacks
the dietary instructions depend on the patient's condition. Diverticular disease without symptoms requires increased fiber consumption (fruits, vegetables), drinking enough water and remaining physically active. A normal body weight helps too. Symptomatic diverticular disease (particularly with fever, abdominal pain and diarrheas) requires low residue diet (no fruits, no vegetables) and - if very severe with sepsis - even complete restriction of food until treated properly.
Relieving constipation helps both types of patients. The measures I've mentioned for diverticular disease without symptoms will help towards this goal.
I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diverticulitis rumbling
- Is diverticulitis contagious
- Diverticulitis of larynx
- Diverticulitis sudafed
- Diverticulitis symptoms of diverticulitis
- Suggest diet for diverticulitis attack with pain and nauses
- Hypothyroidism and diverticulitis
- History of diverticulitis suggest diet
- Clarithromycin for diverticulitis
- Suggest treatment for diverticulitis flare-up with infection