Suggest creams for burn scars

Dermatologist
Question
Is there any cream for removing burn scars? My right hand is completely burnt. its white in color where it is burnt.
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX,
If its post burn leucoderma (ie there is decreased skin pigmentation without change in skin texture) you can expect response in your skin lesion. However if the skin at the area of burn has actually scarred( change in texture) then response might be sub optimal.
I would like you to upload an image of affected area as that would help me in examining the affected area and suggesting appropriate treatment. Please upload an image by clicking on upload report/image icon which is on right side of query page.
Hoping to hear from you soon.

Follow-up: Suggest creams for burn scars 29 hours later
Plz find the attached snaps for my hand and it is healed and so dry, so kindly prescribe any cream for the same.

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXX,
I have seen the pics attached. I guess one pic was taken immediately after the burn and second pic shows the area after healing.
Had you been my patient, I would have advised
A good hydrating moisturiser like elovera lotion
Steroid cream like mometasone cream twice in a day( momoz/momate/dermanex)
Tacrolimus lotion/cream 0.01% twice in a day{ tacmod/tacrovin forte/tacrotor)

You may follow these suggestions for three weeks and get back for follow up.
Should there be any query please write back