Suggest ayurvedic remedies for mixed connective tissue disease

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Thu, 6 Jul 2017 in Ayurveda
Question: Is there a cure for MCTD in Ayurvedic Treatment ? how long it will go ?
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ayurvedic treatment will correct autoimmune process going inside the body

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and following is/are relevant answers:

1. As MCTD is a combination of several autoimmune disease [alopecia aerata] is one such example which your father is having thus do let e know about any difficulty with lungs/heart?

PS. since presence or absence of pulmonary hypertension is one major issue

2. while steroid are usually the first line of drugs in such conditions but as they itself suppress the body immunity thus are not effective in long run

3. have you done the blood test as advised by your doctor?

4. was any Neurologist opinion taken?

5. Is the rheumatologist specialized in treating connective tissue diseases?

6. remember treatment is symptomatic and depends upon the target organ involved, so apart from that he will need Rasayana chikitsa [immunomodulation therapy] i.e. which corrects the dysfunction of tissues without disturbing the functions of normal tissues, by potentiating humoral antibodies, and by increasing serum Immunoglobulin’s such as IgA,IgG and IgM.

PS. usually 3-6 months are required for the treatment to show significant results and improvement but this will correct the inflammatory process going inside the tissues and help normalise the internal organs leading to complete cure of the condition.

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant Physician
Naimittika

direct online link: bit.ly/drmunishsood
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Munish Sood 1 hour later
1) All reports are normal for now, there is nothing big problem with lungs/heart.

2)So, should we stop taking alopathic treatment, its been 3 months already.

3) Yes,all the reports were normal as per today's date.

4. was any Neurologist opinion taken?
4) No, Rheumatologist specialist Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX gives Serenace 5mg for some psychological problem for few days then he reduced it to 1.5mg and then 0.5mg for 1 month.

5) Yes , rheumatologist is treating this disease.

Although, i heard can be controlled by alopathic medicines but not totally curable. I want this disease to be cured properly and soon. Its been long now he is taking too many medicines in a day. He is also frustrated now and a bit depression too :( I need an advise that Ayurvedic can go along with alopathic treatment and it is totally curable.

Waiting for a good response ! :)
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
further necessary explanation

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for reverting back

1. Under no circumstances you should stop/discontinue/change/reduce the medicine without first consulting your attending physician since abrupt withdrawal can cause serious Adverse effects

2. Since neurological manifestation can be caused either by direct effect of connective tissue disease as well as due to side effect of steroid [both causes are present] thus result in immune mediated changes in the vasculature and ischemia of the vessel walls [vasculitis] thus a comprehensive Neurologist opinion for clinical assessment, serological tests, and histology may be required

3. As Ayurveda herbs/medicines normalize the immune process and treat the ongoing inflammatory process thus is very effective in the management of the disease in parallel with allopathic drugs but should remain under constant and regular supervision of rheumatologist

PS. As mentioned earlier immunomodulatory drugs along with dietary and lifestyle management helps to prevent/delay the devolpment of complications. [if interested I can courier you the dietary regime with lifestyle management [relaxation techniques] along with medicines ]

Dr. Munish
Naimittika

Follow up: Dr. Munish Sood 28 minutes later
Sure, but how much total we have to spend in these medicines. Can you give me an idea?

And, i need to be sure that soon this disease should be cured by taking both treatments parallel. I mean i don't want them to continue foe lifetime.
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
further necessary information

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for reverting back
1.     Treatment aspect will depend upon following aspects:

i.     Regarding Immunomodualtion Therapy [to combat autoimmunity] I usually prescribe: ‘no concern’ capsules which has anti oxidant, anti inflammatory and immuno modulation effect: price is 2700/- for 100 capsule [1 month therapy]
ii.     In Ayurveda we hold that ‘low metabolism’ is the cause of every disease thus to normalize the digestive power: I usually prescribe medicine which regulates GI function: price is 690/- for 60 capsules [1 month therapy]
iii.     As the pathology is associated with stress and impairment of memory: I usually prescribe medicine which improves tolerance to stress : 740/- for 60 capsules [1 month therapy]
iv.     Total: 4130/- per month and yes after regular use for 6 months one will surely have an improved health profile and well being
v.     Dietary regime and lifestyle management will be provided along with the above medicine [including dosage]

If you are comfortable with above guidelines I can share my bank details

PS. As presently there is no target organ damage thus these three will take care of the disease process

Dr. Munish
Naimittika

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj