Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Sugar level is high and taking Forminal with Losasun. Consuming alcohol. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
my fathers report is below he is a sugar patient, his sugar is high he is already consulting the specialist doctor and taking medicines (forminal,losasun,etc), but consuming alcohol on regular basis but do exercise on alternates, please tell me what other problems are visible in blood report as well as about sugar. And what will be the remedies for those
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not much problem except for sugar levels.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for asking your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into all his reports I will like to tell you that all of them are within acceptable limits except for sugar levels . HbA1c is an indicator for 3 months glucose control which is deranged that means that the sugar control for last 3 months have been bad . The same is the case with average blood glucose levels. I hope as you mention the treatment has been started.

His PS shows mild anisopoikilocytosis and macrocytes but that does not worry you as it is quite common in people who take alcohol .

His cholesterol is just above the normal range which is again not worrisome . Just ask him to be regular with exercise and avoid fatty foods.

Rest all the reports are fine . You father basically needs sugar monitoring and healthy lifestyle .

Take care.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor