Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Suffering from sinus infection and Asthma. Whom should I consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 2549 Questions
My wife is suffering from sinus infection and Ashthma (mild).. now she is having cold due to that she is not able to hear properly... Which doctor to should i go?
Should i consult to Chest specialist or to ENT (Ear nose throat).... Please suggest
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. You should consult an ENT Specialist.

2. A cold may lead to blockage of the Eustachian Tube which connects the ear to the nose.

3. This may lead to a pressure change or fluid build-up in the middle ear leading to decreased hearing.

4. Medication such as anti-allergic, decongestants and mucolytics along with steam inhalation and decongestant nasal drops will help.

5. Her sinusitis may be treated later.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor