Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Suffering from irregular periodic problem. Taking progesteron. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12754 Questions
Dear Sir ,

I am 25 years old and I am resently married from last 04 months . I am suffering from irregular periodic problem . previously i ahd once over bleeding problem around 02 yeras back but after consulting to doctor and taking medicine it was timely and all right now i have not got my periods from last 02 months now i have consulted a doctor and taken progesteron pills as per his advice and today i have started with my periods .
I always suffer from irregular periods problem kindly suggest me what to do and take what medicines and i want to conceive kindly suggest best time for it
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 35 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
The most frequent cause of irregular periods is an imbalance between the levels of hormones i.e. Estrogen and Progesterone in the body, which allows the endometrium (the lining of the uterus) to keep building up.

The other causes are Fibroids (benign growths) or polyps in the uterus, thyroid conditions, clotting disorders, inflammation or infection in the vagina or cervix.

Most doctors prescribes Birth control pills to regularize the periods. Other option is bioidentical progesterone cream which will be more naturally correct for hormone imbalance. You will have to talk to your Gynecologist regarding this.

Meanwhile you could try the following changes in your diet and lifestyle.

1. Maintain your hydration with lots of fluids
2. Take Iron supplement to avoid due to heavy bleeding.
3. Essential oils (omega 3-6-9) are good for health.
4. Incorporate evening primrose oil to relieve symptoms.
5. Keep away from cigarettes, recreational drugs/painkillers, and greasy junk food,if any.
6. Stay away from high sugar/refined foods.
7. Get regular, moderate exercise.
You can consult your gynecologist for the necessary investigations and further treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor