Suffering from high BP, numbness and tingling feeling in one part of body. Done with MRI. What are the findings and suggest the treatment?
Problem is due to hypertension and its effects
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX
Your father's problem of numbness and tingling sensation in one part of body is due to hypertension and increased cholesterol level and its changes in brain due to slightly compromised blood supply in brain.
In his case MRI brain scan report shows:
a) Acute lacunar infarct in right middle frontal gyrus
Small area (less than 10 mm in size) of decreased blood supply in brain - right middle frontal gyrus. This is remnant of the decreased blood supply. This happens due to atherosclerosis (leads to obstruction) in blood vessels.Atherosclerosis occurs due to long standing hypertension and increased cholesterol level.
b)Senile brain atrophy and deep white matter ischemia
Senile brain atrophy is age related finding and can be expected as physiologically normal.
White matter ischemia happens also due to uncontrolled hypertension.
I would suggest your father to take regular anti hypertension and anti cholesterol medications so that he doesn't deteriorate further.
Hope you have understand the terms.
Wish him speedy recovery.
Further queries are most welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest natural treatment for high bp
- What are the treatments for anxiety and high bp
- Suggest treatment for high bp accompanied by headaches
- Suggest treatment for high bp when suffering from aneyrysm
- Tingling sensation in right shoulder high bp suggession and treatment
- What is the treatment for high bp
- Suggest treatment for high bp
- Fatigue high bp numbness
- What medication is suggested for high bp
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for high bp with stomach infection