Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Suffering from chest discomfort and headache. ECG, blood test, urine tst normal. Suggestions

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1357 Questions
HI, I'm 28 Years Old. and I'm suffering from some weired chest discomfort and Headache. I always have a feeling like,something will happen to me, or i will become unconcious. Sometimes of no reason i get chest discomfort and feeling of loosing consiousness. I have gone through ECG,Blood test, Urnine test and tred mill test,all the reports are normal but still Im not feeling 100% fit. I usually dont take much tension and try to remain happy. I'm having some head scalp infection, due to dandruff which is there from past 6-7 years. If i regulary takes medicine it remians fine and later it recocurr. Kindly suggest if there is any corelation or reason for these symptoms.
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Your problems are due to psychological aberrations Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. From the information provided, I am of the opinion that you are apparently suffering from psychological aberrations, such as, either, Acute Panic Reactions (misplaced apprehensions) or have a paranoid or hypochondriac personality. Usually, such misplaced apprehensions are borne out of some unpleasant / misfortunate or tragic experience faced by a close blood relative or an intimate companion. Consult a Psychiatrist and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion; subject you to a few sessions and will either give psychotherapy or prescribe problem-specific medicines. Lastly, there is NO correlation between chronic dandruff and the current problems. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from chest discomfort and headache. ECG, blood test, urine tst normal. Suggestions 9 hours later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX Thanks for the Advice.Actually these symptoms started some 1.5 years back. And whenever it happens,my heart beat raises and i have problem in breathing with my whole body having a sense of vibration inside.But im not able to correlate, what is the reason for it, as i dont smoke,niether i drink alcohal. Request you to share some good doctors in mumbai who can help me come out of this problem.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Anti-psychotic drugs will improve your problems. Detailed Answer: Hi there, As already mentioned, you are apparently suffering from anxiety and Acute Panic Reactions. You have apparently developed lack of self-confidence, the reasons for which you can be traced back to some setback in life in the past. In reality, you have the capability to face all odds and tackle all challenges in life. But, somehow, due to lack of self-confidence, you get a sudden fright and feel that you will not able to handle a situation. You need not worry, as it is completely curable through psychotherapy sessions and medicines. I would recommend that you visit the Psychiatric department at either JJ or KEM hospital. Lots must have changed in Mumbai since I left in 1989. I have no known Psychiatrist colleagues out there. I wish you all the best and speedy recovery, Take care Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor