Owl Image

Suffering from blocked nose, sneezing, throat pain and unable to sleep. Any solution?

Question
Hello doc

i am suffering from blocked nose and sneezing from last one week,i am unable to sleep,because of blocked nose as it get intense in night,i am taking citrizen hydrochloride tablet from last 3 days and otriven nasal spray,but no relief, also slight pain in throat.

currently its winter here with temp around 11 deg Centrigrade.

hoping for your reply.

XXXXXXX
Thu, 27 Dec 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later

You symptoms of nasal blockage, sneezing and throat pain seems to be due to upper respiratory (throat) infection.

You are already on antihistamine (cetrizine) and decongestants; but as the symptoms are not relieved you may need a course of antibiotic and anti-inflammatory drugs. These are prescription only medication which can be bought using a prescription written by a doctor / ENT specialist.

Therefore I suggest you to visit a doctor nearby and get a prescription. In the meantime continue cetrizine. Also take steam inhalation and warm saline gargles thrice a day. Keep yourself warm and covered to protect against cold weather and allergens.

Hope this information helps you. I will be available to answer any further query which you may have.