Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suffer from PE. Suggested Duralast. Also suffer from Oligozoospermia. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 527 Questions
Hi, I suffer from PE and was suggested to have Duralast 30 by Dr. Rupin Shah, Mumbai. However, i dont see any difference. Please can you suggest. I also suffer from Oligozoospermia.
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 1 hour later
Duralast is a reasonably good medicine in that you need to take it on an 'on-demand' basis. If you are not happy with 30mg, you might require 60mg, but that is the maximum dose I would suggest. The alternatives are using tablets like Clomipramine at bedtime daily, which is not something I would recommend, as there are side-effects of these ( all these drugs which help in reducing 'premature ejaculation' are drugs which act on the central nervous system and can cause trouble in concentration, sleep, and if abruptly discontinued may cause further trouble). there are other measures which can be tried, but these need significant will power from you. One of them is squeeze technique as described by Master and XXXXXXX where you need to press the glans penis hard with your thumb in the front and two fingers at the back of glans when you sense an impending orgasm. This will stop the approaching climax, and will give you time to adjust to a fresh series of thrusts. As I said earlier, this is easier said than done, but no harm in trying. You can try masturbating as you practice this - this will be better learnt that way.
You can also try using a local anaesthetic cream to the front of glans penis and see if it works, but you should do this approximately 3-45 minutes before you plan to have intercourse. You can apply this at the same time that you take Duralast.
Try these measures for a month or two, and let me know if you have not found benefit.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor