Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Sticky discharge, negative annual exam. What can this be?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
hello lately ive been having guey like discharge ,its very unusal to me,its almost like clinging to me down there and even sumtimes in my underwear like in little balls of it..i no it sounds gross but its also freaking me out...i get anuals every year and my results came back NEGATIVE...could u tell me what this can be..its been like this for sum months now...
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.
according to your description the possibility is,
-bacterial vaginosis: this occurs due to overgrowth of natural vaginal organisms like gardenella, so this may not be detected by routine tests,
this can be precipitated by excessive douching, antibiotic usage, using harsh soaps etc, detection of clue cells by microscopy, increased vaginal pH can identify this,
you can follow measures like,
-cleaning local parts with plenty of water only,
-drinking of plenty water, taking nutritious diet,
-wear cotton inner ware, avoid tight clothing etc,
-consult gynecologist and undergo physical examination and microscopy for clue cells, then take treatment accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor