Owl Image

Started vomiting with fever and cough. Taking tylenol and advil. Any advice?

Question
My son has a fever and has a cough. He has vomitted 2 times in the last 24 hours. We are alternating Tylenol and Advil every 4 hours to reduce fever and giving him mucin ex for the cough. Of course this happens on the weekend when the docs office is closed. We are giving him 7 up to drink. Anything else we should be doing until we can get in to the doc tomorrow?
Sat, 12 Jan 2013 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 26 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

He might have vomited because of gastritis.Gastritis is common side effect of Tylenol.
Don't take this drug on empty stomach.Take some antacids to relieve this.If he still continues to vomit or feel nauseated then try some anti-emetics.

Rest of the treatment looks fine.Try steam inhalation for cough, that can prove really helpful.

Please ask if there are doubts.

Regards.