Spongy small lumps on the forearm after a fall. Lipomas?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 12 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I fell on my arm two months ago and lately i discovered three spongy small lumps on my forearm could they be lipomas
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 12 hours later

A spongy swelling at the site of trauma (2 months old) on the forearm are more likely to be hematomas rather than lipomas. If there is absolutely no pain even on XXXXXXX pressure then lipomas are a possibility. Most of the times such swellings are associated with a blood collection due to a hairline fracture.

abscess are also a possibility here.

It is important to get an x-ray limb and a MRI scan of the area done. X-rays are very sensitive for picking up any fracture and MRI is one of the best tests for ruling out and identifying soft tissue injuries in the area of fall. Please visit your physician or an orthopaedician to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad