Smoking cannabis. Started vomiting, feeling nausea and shaky. On zoloft. Any suggestion?

Dr. Kulbir Singh

Posted on Thu, 10 Jan 2013 in Drug Abuse
Question: Hi i have been feeling quiet nausiated shaky and breaking out into sweats , i have vomited and bren trying to keep fluid up
, been on zoloft anti depressants for 3 weeks and I have been smoking the fake synthetic xcanibis for 6 months but recently gotten heavierl
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 3 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for writing in
I have read your query with diligence. The symptoms you are suffering from are most likely to a overdose of canibis or inflammation or infection in the upper digestive tract. You need to take proper care of the doses of drug (zoloft) and the cannabis you are using. You should not be overdosing it in any circumstances. Consult your treating doctor to adjust your drug dose so that you cannot get such problem in future due to the drugs.
Some cares you have to take at present to get rid from the problem are;
1. Take anti-emetics drugs like ondansetron to control nausea or vomiting.
2. Keep yourself hydrated with water. You may use electrolyte powder to maintain electrolyte balance.
3. Always try to eat fresh food which is easy to digest.
4. If the symptoms is associated with fever than you may need a short course of antibiotic. Consult your doctor for that.
5. Do not consume further dose of zoloft or cannabis. Consult your psychiatrist and take the drug as per his/her advise.

If the frequency of the vomiting increases or you are not able to retain the fluid than you need to go to the ER and get yourself treated. If needed IV fluids and injections may be given.

Hope I have answered your query. Write back for any follow up query.

Best Wishes and get well soon.
Dr. Kulbir Singh
Follow up: Dr. Kulbir Singh 26 minutes later
If it to be a canibis overdoes is it normal to come and go randomly? It almost feels as though my whole body feels nervous and I become very irrational.. today the symptoms did not last as long as previously which has me concerned about possible panic attack? I have also smoked canibis for about 7 years also whilst being on zoloft and never have haf sypmtoms like this.
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 2 hours later
Hello and thanks again for writing in
First of all I want to know that from what time period you are feeling these symptoms?
Are they occur occasionally? Than form what period and when they occur?
Does they are related to your stress or consumption of cannabis or any other drug?

If it has occurred first time than you need than it may be due the infection of the upper digestive track or due to drug used for long time period. As I have said earlier.
But they are occurring from a period of time than these may be related to panic attacks or Migraine. You need to relax your mind and take rest as much as you can. Take anti-emetics drugs and mood refreshers to get rid from the problem.

Hope you will reply to the above said queries. I will try my best to answer you more clear and in detail.

Dr. Kulbir Singh
Follow up: Dr. Kulbir Singh 1 hour later
thank you, when I do get these symptoms they come on at random times, there is no warning on how long it will last, the first time this happened I was having symptoms from 4am until lunch time and yesterday was from about 2pm to 7pm , I have never been known to have any of these symptoms until recently , over 2 weeks it's happened 3 times all at random time points , I can't pin point a trigger, as I said I've been.using the synthetic caniboid for 6 months but this has only just started happening. . what are anti emetics drugs? where do I get these?

thank you, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 23 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in
Anti-emetics drugs like ondasantron are the drugs which control vomiting and remove he felling of nausea whatever the cause may be. These drugs will help you in getting relief from your symptoms. To get these drugs you have to get a prescription from your doctor.
In my opinion these symptoms are related to panic attacks but consult your doctor to rule out whether they are related to drugs or not. Long term use of the drugs can cause this but it will cause it more frequently.

In addition to this change your diet habits like

1. Eat fibre-rich foods such as fruits and vegetables like papaya, orange, cabbage, beans, asparagus etc.
2. Chew food properly so that it will be easily digestible.
3. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water regularly.
4. Eat plenty of leafy vegetables and salads.
5. Do regular exercise.
6. Avoid smoking and alcoholism and also avoid drinking strong coffee/tea, fried and spicy food.
7. Take proper diet at a fixed time. The food should be fresh and easy to digest.
8. Do not lie down immediately after the meals.

Hope this will help you. Happy to help you.

Dr. Kulbir Singh