What causes numbness in the arms along with headache?

Dr. Neeraj Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 21 May 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: Doctor, I have experienced some strangeness for two days now.
I have had 2 TIA's in the past with slurred speech and numbness on the left side of my body. I awoke this AM with a numb arm on my right side. I have a headache now. I have symptoms of an oncoming migraine.
I have a very important luncheon to go to and am in a dilemma whether to attend. Of course, I am the hostess.
I do not have slurred speech or numbness now.
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get examined and evaluated by a doctor

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concern.
Transient ischemic attacks are risk factors for stroke.
Recurrent TIAs suggest increased risk for stroke and involvement maybe on either side.
Migraine headache usually confines to involvement of brain and head neck region.
Uncommonly, involvement of limbs may occur.
At this age stroke or TIA should be considered first.
Another possibility may be partial seizures.
Better to get evaluated by a doctor.
Take pain killer for migraine.
If symptoms increases then don't attend the luncheon rather take some rest.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further information.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad