What causes numbness in the arms along with headache?
I have had 2 TIA's in the past with slurred speech and numbness on the left side of my body. I awoke this AM with a numb arm on my right side. I have a headache now. I have symptoms of an oncoming migraine.
I have a very important luncheon to go to and am in a dilemma whether to attend. Of course, I am the hostess.
I do not have slurred speech or numbness now.
Get examined and evaluated by a doctor
I have gone through your question and understand your concern.
Transient ischemic attacks are risk factors for stroke.
Recurrent TIAs suggest increased risk for stroke and involvement maybe on either side.
Migraine headache usually confines to involvement of brain and head neck region.
Uncommonly, involvement of limbs may occur.
At this age stroke or TIA should be considered first.
Another possibility may be partial seizures.
Better to get evaluated by a doctor.
Take pain killer for migraine.
If symptoms increases then don't attend the luncheon rather take some rest.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further information.
Dr N Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes numbness on the face during migraine headache
- What causes headaches nausea tingling and numbness in fingers
- Cause of headache numbness in arm and memory issues
- What causes headache and numbness in left hand
- Arms are going numb what could be the cause
- What causes numbness in face and arms
- What causes numb spot in head headache and progressive numbness
- What is the cause of headaches and numbness
- What causes tingling and numbness in arms
- What causes tingling sensation and numbness in hands and arms
- What causes recurrent painful sensation over one side of lower face?
- What does my blood test report indicate?
- What causes constant dizziness?
- Suggest treatment for weight gain, coldness and constipation
- What causes facial pain and leg numbness in a patient with diabetes?
- Suggest treatment for recurring optic neuritis in right eye
- What causes trouble thinking clearly while recovering form sepsis?
- How long should medication be continued after suffering partial paralysis?
- Suggest treatment for constant pain due to neuropathy
- What causes burning sensation in buttocks of a person with spinal problems?