What causes frequent episodes of dizziness and lightheadedness?
Ive been experiencing a type of lightheadedness/lateral head pressure/fog for some years now (the room is never spinning so it's not vertigo, atleast not typical vertigo). It will come on randomly, often with months in between bouts. It's been occurring on a daily basis for the past few weeks though, typically in the evenings. I found that taking Flonase relieved it almost 100%, which I would take 2 sprays in the morning (which I guess would sort of make sense why it was coming on in the evening after wearing off). But lately it's not going away as easily, if at all.
My questions are:
Would that be because Flonase is losing its edge over it or no?
And what could this be?
If Flonase isn't working as well now, what would be the next best thing?
I went to an ENT once and he pretty much just wrote me off.
Get examined and evaluated by a neurologist
I have gone through your question and understand your concern.
Possibility of migraine headache can be there.
It may sometimes present with evening symptoms with dizziness and lightheadedness.
Nasal spray may lead to relief in nasal congestion and allergy but is not the treatment for migraine.
You should take flunarizine 10 mg daily and amitriptyline 10 mg at night.
Take timely breakfast and lunch.
Take adequate night sleep.
Avoid excessive tea,coffee or chocolate.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr N Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause lightheadedness dizziness cold hands and nausea feeling
- What causes vomiting and lightheadedness
- What causes dizziness and lightheadedness when on bp medication
- What is the cause of lightheadedness and migraines
- Dizziness and lightheadedness causes
- What causes lightheadedness and pailness
- What causes dizziness and lightheadedness after having horney goat
- What are the causes for lightheadedness and tiredness
- Sudden episodes of dizziness and lightheadedness causes
- What causes constant headaches with dizziness and lightheadedness