Suggest alternative medication in place of Vasograin

Dr. V. N. S. Parinam

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I have been suffering from migraine headache from last 10 years.
tab. Vasograin had been a good solution for me and I have been taking 12 to 15 tablets a month.
I would like to know whether there is a better substitute for tab vasograin as I have been taking it for a long period of time.
Details
Male, 44 years
height 171cm
Weight : 73 kg
Present physical condition : Sound, except for Migraine and itching sensation sometimes
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Switch to migraine prophylaxis

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,

Vasograin is a good drug but it has to be consumed during an attack.
Instead I suggest you to go for a migraine prophyalxis with Propanolol or Flunarazine after discussing with your doctor/Neurologist. This will reduce the severity and the frequency of migraine episodes drastically and in few months you can be free from it. Also note down the trigger attacks that cause the headache like lack of sleep, delayed meal, dehydration etc and try to avoid them.
It is not safe to take so much of vasograin in a month.
Follow up: Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 42 hours later
Can you kindly suggest any tablet with the contents that you have mentioned?
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Monitoring is essential on prophylaxis

Detailed Answer:

This is not a prescription forum. Moreover the above tablets should be monitored over couple of weeks with respect to fluctuations in BP, Pulse and side effects to take full dose. It can be done only in consultation with a doctor locally. You go to the same doctor who prescribed you Vasograin and ask about the migraine prophylaxis. THere are better medicines now a days.