Suggest alternative medication in place of Vasograin
tab. Vasograin had been a good solution for me and I have been taking 12 to 15 tablets a month.
I would like to know whether there is a better substitute for tab vasograin as I have been taking it for a long period of time.
Male, 44 years
Weight : 73 kg
Present physical condition : Sound, except for Migraine and itching sensation sometimes
Switch to migraine prophylaxis
Vasograin is a good drug but it has to be consumed during an attack.
Instead I suggest you to go for a migraine prophyalxis with Propanolol or Flunarazine after discussing with your doctor/Neurologist. This will reduce the severity and the frequency of migraine episodes drastically and in few months you can be free from it. Also note down the trigger attacks that cause the headache like lack of sleep, delayed meal, dehydration etc and try to avoid them.
It is not safe to take so much of vasograin in a month.
Monitoring is essential on prophylaxis
This is not a prescription forum. Moreover the above tablets should be monitored over couple of weeks with respect to fluctuations in BP, Pulse and side effects to take full dose. It can be done only in consultation with a doctor locally. You go to the same doctor who prescribed you Vasograin and ask about the migraine prophylaxis. THere are better medicines now a days.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- On ibuprofen for inflammation due to arthritis suggest alternative medication
- Suggest pain medication when on bp medications
- Inflammation in ribs prescribed with ultram suggest alternative medication
- Suggest alternative medications for treatment of diabete
- Migraines one-sided headaches taken vasograin dizziness alternative medication
- Have migraines antistimine medication suggest medications
- Suggest alternative medication for cough
- Suffer from migraines taking vasograin safe medication
- Suggest alternative medication for mvfe for high creatinine level
- Suggest alternative of soma pain medication
- Suggest treatment for hernia and tingling senstion
- What causes excessive sweating?
- What causes dark color bleeding after taking unwanted 72?
- Is pachkarma treatment effective in treatment of DVT?
- Does nicotine cause chest pain?
- What causes tremors in hands and dizziness despite having high BP?
- What causes white coating on tongue?
- What causes black specks in stool?
- What does a black spot on palm indicate?
- What causes difficulty walking after having Bactrim DS?