Should i have lasik eye treatment inspite of having it 5 years ago?

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I'm 66 yrs old, already has lasik eye treatment about 5 yrs ago, need it again,, any recommendations???
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
lasik

Detailed Answer:
My Dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
I hope you already have got your eyes examined in detail to come to this conclusion. As another possibility in such situations is development of cataract, I expect that you have that ruled out.
Redoing lasik in post operative phase is easy as we just need to lift up the flap and go ahead with the required correction. After so much of the time has passed flap is properly healed then lasik is like a fresh case, but as I said cataract is to be ruled out, as cataract surgery after lasik is academically a hot topic of discussion.
Go ahead if you feel difficulty, same plane is unlikely to be used by surgeon.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. N. K. Misra 16 hours later
great!
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
lasik

Detailed Answer:
you are welcome !