What causes blurred vision after a cataract surgery?
Good idea to have a second openion.
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Had it been something significant,your doctor would have told you or started different treatment.Still it is not a bad idea. to get a second openion primarily to take care of your anxiety,also due to your symptoms.Our patients after 3 to 4 dsys of surgery are happy.Why are you not feeling better should be looked inti.
Thete are condetions where symptoms are aggrevated after surgery like dry eye but that shouldn't cause such blurring.
There may be inflammation of eye,retina or cornea or any residual power after surgery , which will be corrected by glasses,this we have to know.
On your follow up visit,how many lines were you able to read?This will give us an idea aboutbvisual status.
A second openion will anxiety at rest.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
Second openion needed
Thanks for getting back to me.
There should be an explanation for a 20/40 vision.In our practice if a patient does not have very good vision in 4 to 5 dsys there has to be a reason like inflammation.Usually our patients have good visiin latest by 4 days or earlier in a un complicated surgery.So the statement of brain getting adjusted in a month does not hold.
The fluttering you mentioned was probably inconsequential.
Though you have gained full reading vision but distance vision needs improvement, that's why i wanted a second examination to find out the reason for sub optimal vision.
At times patients have some change in power initially before refraction settles down,but whatever is the reason we have to know it.
There is probably nothing much to worry,as you have full reading vision and two lines for distance are missing.Still i would appreciate a second examination.
Routine configuration of lens.
Thanks for getting back to me.
The specification you sent,shows that pre operatively the condetion of eye was normal and the surgery was routine.There was no gross abnormality,where you expect sub normal visual recovery.
As near vision is ok,i would expect distance vision to improve in a couple of weeks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Crying after cataract surgery
- My mother will blurred vision after cataract surgery
- What causes bleeding of eye after cataract surgery
- Flicker after cataract surgery
- Marijuana after cataract surgery
- What causes blurred vision after a cataract surgery
- Blurred vision after cataract surgery
- Flutter after cataract surgery
- Dizziness after cataract surgery
- Welding after cataract surgery
- Plaquenil,vitreous detachment.Side effect?
- How is eye infection in diabetics treated ?
- Optic atrophy, uveitis. Curable?
- Does cannabis have any side effect causing retina tear ?
- Can driving, swimming, flight journey and involve in sex, 10 days after...
- What are the brown patches in my eye after being hit by a soccer ball?
- Green discharge from eye, red eye, unable to open eyelid. Causes ?
- How is hypermetropia in children treated ?
- Eye pain, taken artificial tears, wear CPAP mask, have type 2 diabetes,...
- Congenital cataract in both eyes, signs of squint. First squint surgery...