Should Plan-B be taken after intercourse if already taken once before?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Birth Control
Question: Hi I had unprotected sex on Thursday and Saturday and took plan b on Saturday evening however I had unprotected sex again today ... Monday and it is my ovulation day . Will plan b work if I take it XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Plan B works if you take it tomorrow.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.

Plan B is effective if taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex. So it will be effective if you take it tomorrow. But the earlier you take it, more effective it is. So I advise you to take it at the earliest.

Plan B is not 100% effective. So if your period is delayed by more than a week, please get the pregnancy test done.

In order to avoid such stress may I advise you to consult your doctor and start regular contraception like birth control pill or intrauterine devise as they are more effective in preventing pregnancy.

I hope this helps. If you have further concerns do write to me. I will be happy to answer.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN