Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Severe pain, cat scan, bone and femoral intertraction, pelvis area hurt, sigmoid colon removed, anti inflammatory pain relieving medications, opioid analgesics

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12754 Questions
I woke up in severe pain and leg was heavy and numb but hip area hurt so bad, had cat scan said bone infarction in something called femoral intertraction area anyway by by hip and leg pelvis area, its still hurting so bad but feeling in foot and leg are better what would help with the pain,I noticed the first pain in that leg after I had my sigmoid colon removed in surgery, couldnt walk hurt so bad, couldnt even stand up, but when it went completly numb foot and leg just dead hip was in severe pain, I wont take pain meds make me feel funny and sick to my stomach, will this thing go away eventually, Im 54 now had my surgery on colon when I was 43.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us.

Bone infarction is usually very severe and persistent condition. It is not likely to subside in few days.

I understand that you are not willing to pain killers because of side effects. However this condition needs antiinflammatory pain relieving medications.

If your stomach feels funny on taking pain killers and you are prone to acidity then your orthopedician could prescribe you opioid analgesics which can be effective.

Few other options of treatment which may be useful in reducing pain and maintaining functional lifestyle are 'Transcutaneous Electric Nerve stimulation (TENS) units', relaxation techniques, occupational and physical therapy approaches.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor