Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online
Ask a Homeopath   »  

Scrotum doppler test showed bilateral varicoceles, scrotum discomfort. What is a simple way to treat varicoceles?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 955 Questions
Dear Doctor,
I am male aged 28, physically quite active, play sports and work out in gyms (4 times a week) and sometime swimming say 2 times a week, i also do suryanamaskar yoga almost every day. My concern is as below,
Last year i have had no of times protected (no break of condoms) vaginal intercourse with sex workers (in Europe), no anal sex or no exchange of body fluids (like blood,semen etc). I have always been normal and never had experience any thing weird, i meant any symptoms like it is generally mentioned these days on the internet, however recently i made up my mind to see a doctor and get some tests done just as a general procedure, it says anti HIV bodies 1 and 2 are negative. All blood and urine analysis are normal, liver and kidney function tests are normal. Have taken the reports to my physician who examined looking at my testis and said there is 99% of chance that i am free from any STI but he noted a weird movement of left testicles and recommended to take up a ultrasonic color doppler scan of scrotum, i recently took up this test and came to know i am having bilateral varicoceles, must say honestly till i have seen the report have not felt anything in testicles, but slowely in last few days sometime i feel some discomfort in my scrotum, i felt for the moment it is more of a mind -psychology thing however consulted my physician again who said it could be due to varicoceles.
For your information this is my report,
My report says i have very normal appearing testis and epididymi, no testicular calcification and no extra testicular fluid seen. Color dopppler show normal bilateral intratesticular blood flow and reflux in both XXXXXXX spermatic veins in valsalva manoeure.
What is the simple way to treat varicoceles, can i take homeopathic medicines?
what medicines i should take?
please advise also Will varicoceles have an effect on sexual health
Posted Sat, 9 Jun 2012 in Alternative Medicine
Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 20 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Simply speaking, varicocele is widening of veins along the cord that holds up men's testicles. There is swelling and widening of veins which appears like a scrotal lump and there might be dragging pain within the scrotum. Varicocele develops slowly and might not show symptoms in its initial stages and probably that's why you never came to know about it yourself.

Varicocele may be harmless except for pain and infertility as it decreases the sperm count .May be after treatment your sperm count may increase but fertility again may be a problem. There are numerous surgical ways of treating varicocele which you may consult your physician about. The surgery won't consume much of your time as it is done on an outpatient basis.

But surely you can start with homoeopathy which will relieve your pain and discomfort. But again cure depends on extent of problem. Don't go for heavy exercise. Support your scrotum with T-bandage so that it doesn't hang loose. Your case is just a start so no need to worry about much. You just have to start treatment as early as possible because in later stages testosterone level starts decreasing and there might be testicular atrophy. Consult a homoeopath because treatment will depend on case examination and cause of problem.
Start taking
-HAMEMILIS 30 6-7 drops 4times daily,
FERRUM PHOS 6X 4 tabs 3 times daily
You will definitely get relief.

Take care
Dr.Ratnesh Pandey
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Scrotum doppler test showed bilateral varicoceles, scrotum discomfort. What is a simple way to treat varicoceles? 20 hours later
Dear Doctor,
Many thanks for your suggestions/recommendations.
Would applying any ointments help as well?
please advise.
kind regards
Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 4 hours later
You are welcome.

1. Oinment is not required in your case. You can use the medicines as suggested above only.

2. You can also take flouric acid 200 and if you have pain then Belladona 30 will give you relief. Rest of the medicine are same.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other queries.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.

Wish you good health.

Thanks again and take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Homeopath

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor