Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Safe to give glucon for six month old baby?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1846 Questions
Is it safe to give glucon d for six MONTH old baby
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 10 minutes later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

It is safe but unnecessary to give glucon D for your baby.
Any carbohydrate given to us will be converted to glucose in our body.
Since glucon d contains glucose and vitamin D it is better to give other substances which contain proteins, vitamins, minerals, fat etc. naturally available than this artificial one.

So it is better to give better nutritious substances than just giving Glucon D.
Continue giving breast feeding to your baby. Now since your baby is six months old you should also give other food materials. Slowly add one new substance per week. Initially keep the diet more semisolid and later make it more solid.

You may try kichidi with ghee and sugar, smashed banana, boiled potato etc but one new substance per week.

Hope this helps.
Continue to ask further queries as required.
Take care.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara XXXXXXX
M.D. (Pediatrics)
Associate professor of Pediatrics.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor