Rash that started on shoulder, now it is spreading over body. Any infection?

Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Skin Rash
Question: I have a rash that started on my shoulder, it was a bunch of small red bumps, and is now gone into bumps like misquito bites. Then they started appearing on my arms, in between by legs (thigh areas). I also have some around my waiste line where my belt is, also on my neck and my crotch region is itchy but no bumps. All of these bumps on my body are itchy. I am going to go to the doctor to get this assessed but was looking for some sooner consultation. What could this be?
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 5 hours later
Hi,XXXXXXX

Looking to the information that you have shared it seems that, there are chances of having some allergic reaction.

Generalized, itchy bums, progressing fast mostly favours some allergic cause. The other less possibility is of viral rash.

It can be due to any form of allergy, may be from food, cloth or anything.

It is good that you are already going to a doctor.

You can take anti allergic tablets that you have with you, in case you are uncomfortable with itching.

Taking tablets will relieve itching and provide temporary relief, at the same time if can mask the diagnosis, your doctor may not able to see the rash.

In general:
Please drink plenty of fluids
Avoid any form cosmetic on skin
Avoid some specific taste food which could be offensive, and you have known allergy to it.

I hope this helps.

Please visit your doctor as planned.

Dr.Pragnesh