• question-icon

What causes boils throughout the body after taking antibiotics for cold and cough?

Posted on Tue, 26 Sep 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I had fever, cold, cough and throat pain last week and used the tablets hifenac P, clavullin 625, ebast DC for 2 days 2 each and grillinctus syrup. Fever and throat pain are down, but I still have cold and cough. I have used antibiotics for the first time. My body is shivering today and I got something which looks like sweat boils on my body at multiple places. I did not take bath for 2 days during fever., that could be treason? Or is it due to antibiotics? Do I need to consult a doctor or undergo any tests?
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Might be viral rash or allergy to some medicine

Detailed Answer:
Hi

This seems like a viral rash. May also be drug allergy maybe to antibiotics. If it recovers after stopping antibiotics then its probably drug allergy. Also discontinue ebast dc.

Yes you can take a bath.

If it does not recover then take anti allergic medicine like tab cetirizine 1-2 times a day.

Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Vaishalee Punj