Pushing to empty bladder and having pain. Blood test and urine test are normal. What could it be?

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Sometimes when I wake up in the morning i want to urinate really badly but then I have to push to be able to empty my bladder. I also feel pain. After that the rest of the day i am fine. I had a blood test done this week and my panel was normal. I also had a urinary test done no infection nothing. What is it?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam , Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that the problem that you are telling seems innocent that is no pathology behind it . It happens that when you are holding the urine for long time like you say since whole night the bladder becomes distended and then when you empty it the flow is less initially then gradually picks up and requires straining also . Since you get these symptoms in morning rest of day is normal that means there is no pathology as otherwise symptoms would persist all the day . Plus all your reports are normal .So it seems nothing is worrying . Avoid drinking water at bedtime . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Follow up: Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 18 minutes later
Thank you very much Dr XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 3 hours later
Brief Answer: follows. Detailed Answer: Dear madam, Its my pleasure if I could have been of any help to you . Dr. Shruti