Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

150 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Planning for a child. Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

Answered by
Dr. P. T. Patil


Practicing since :1971

Answered : 9785 Questions

Posted on Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction
Question: Dear Sir ,I have been married since one year ago i.e in Novemeber 2011 .From then we are trying to conceive but each time it is unsuccessful"( i mean she gets into periods) ..manytimes i am not in a mood ..when i am in mood ..the erection is not proper .whats the solution for the same .But sometimes it happens ...i ejaculate also ..but dont know sperm counts and its motility is good or not .Since we are not conceiving .Please advise..

And whenever i feel like doing ..i get urine sensation ..which i do also.. but now and then i feel urine might come now ..and it comes also in bits ..why is this .Is it harmful if the urine goes in her ..
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later

Thanks for your query.

I understand your concern. You are married since 1 year and trying for conception with no result. Conception (Pregnancy) is a result of fertilization of a female egg by a man’s sperm. This happens only when the normal, mature eggs are produced during ovulation are fertilized by a sperm. Therefore both you and your wife need to be checked to look for problems.

1. Please get your semen analysis done in any renowned laboratory to assess the sperm count ,morphology, and motility of the sperms.
2. Your wife can also be checked by a gynecologist / infertility specialist for menstrual and hormonal problems affecting fertility.
A proper treatment can be planned based on the detailed evaluation.

As regards to your query about erectile dysfunction and your erectile problems, please note that masturbation has no ill effect on sexual potency of a man. It is always mind related.
I suggest you to have moderate exercise and meditation every day. In addition take high protein-low fat diet XXXXXXX in fruits and vegetables and anti-oxidants like Almonds. These measures will help to built up your level of confidence and thereby your stamina and erection.

Hope I have addressed your concerns. Please do not hesitate to write me if you have any doubts; I shall try my level best to address your query.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 23 hours later

Thank you for the reply ,My wife always feel lots of pain during first two days of periods starting,Whether this can be a factor for not having pregnancy.Sir also you didnt tell about my urine problem whenever i feel like doing ..i get urine sensation ..which i do also.. but now and then i feel like passing urine( specially when i am ready for intercourse or think about doing) ..and it comes also in bits ..why is this .Is it harmful if the urine goes in her if at all it comes during intercourse .

Sir its a kind of incomplete urination ,i even done urine culture testing ..its okay ..Sir for semen anaylsis i need to store and give them my semen right .
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Thanks for your feedback.

I would like to address your doubt about the sensation of Urination before and during sex. Scientifically it is not possible at all because during the act of micturition, Bladder Neck and Sphincter of Urethra both open simultaneously to initiate the passing of urine.

Whereas during ejaculation Bladder neck gets closed tightly and sphincter opens, this prevents urine from entering into the Urethra and only semen gets ejaculated.

So there is no flow of Urine during ejaculation. Whatever sensation you are getting may be due to involuntary stimulation of the muscles of the Bladder and Urethra. So make a habit of emptying the Bladder before sex.

For Semen analysis you have to have abstinence for 4-5 days before collecting the Semen sample by ejaculating at home or in the laboratory, and submit it within 30 minutes of collection.

Your wife gets severe pain for first two days during her period This has nothing to do with Ovulation.

Consult Gynecologist or Infertility Specialist as suggested earlier. Please do write after you get the results of the test.

Thanks Regards
Dr. Patil

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 days later

Again thank you for the reply ,Sir i try my best to empty my bowel ( from emptying the bowel you mean passing urine completely right..usually at first urine comes as normal ..but later it comes in bit ..and i feel some remains to come ..and later it comes as well )..but still during intercourse i feel like urine is coming .Is there any tablet for the same to stop this .

And sir what does abstinence this context means .And about my semen ..i usually feel its very low in volume ..very less there anything through which i can improve this .What food/fruits i can take ..or medicines i can take to improve motility/volume/erection .

One more point ..i had undergone circumcision in feb this year .I have frequent constipation problem year back i suffered from piles cum fissure .Just for your knowledge to evaluate my situation

Hope to receive your useful reply with some tips on what to eat in food as asked earlier in this mail .

Thank You
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

Thanks for your queries.

Abstinence means you should not have sex or masturbate for 4-5 days before you collecting the semen sample for analysis.

As regards to the volume of the semen, it is not important as semen of small quantity may have high sperm count and large volume semen can have low sperm count. So it is total sperm count that is more important than quantity of semen.

You can have High protein diet XXXXXXX in eggs, meat and dry fruits with almond and XXXXXXX vegetables. There is no medicine that is proved to increase the sperm count.

You have undergone some surgeries in the past which have no significance. In regards to your doubt about passing urine during ejaculation, I have already explained it in detail in scientific terms. It is your anxiety that is bothering you. So please allay your anxiety.

Thanks with Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Urethra

doctor1 MD

I am 28 yrs Male, I have undergone till date 2 scrotal exploration surgeries due to some tumar inside the scrotal sac and after one month urine pus with blood from stiches started like sinus which did not healed with multiple medications and later urine started leaking from stiches simultaneously while passing urine, after that I have undergone BMG Urethroplasty surgery, now I am on self catherization due to narrowed urethra and low/weak urine stream every 2 to 3 days, Now the problem it that acompaning with blood in the starting of urine and pain in the start of the penis from body while penis is erect/erection....and have undergone three times cystoscopy after urethroplasty surgery, could you please advise why am getting pain while my penis is erect especially during sleep and blood while starting urinating.. Please advise...

doctor1 MD

Hi. I'm a male and have pain in my urethra near the tip of the penis. Had unprotected sex a week ago. Have seen a doctor and they did a urine test since there was almost insignificant discharge. I was told I have a bacterial infection and have been given the following medicines: VDM-KIT and Augmentine 625mg one tab twice a day for 5 days. Is this correct? How long can expect the symptoms to disappear and get back to normal? James

doctor1 MD

I have a learning disability due to high fevers as an infant. I was told that the hippocampus in my brain was damaged, and it makes it hard for me to remember things. Also, I was told that due to my urethra being narrow and not being able to pass urine caused me to have high fevers as an infant, Along with middle ear infections. Apparently I had it all. My question is, other than having to work harder in school to get the grades I need to pass, is there another way to make things a little easier for me to learn, and retain information? I will be 51 in two weeks, so im sure my age may have some thing to do with memory as well.

doctor1 MD

Dear doctors, im having some problems with my reproductive organ. I feel irritation and tingling discomfort in urethra & sometimes semen discharge after urination plus premature ejaculation.

Since im diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis , Im taking sulfuzaine and proxen. And omeprazole

Age 28 years


doctor1 MD

Ok, I asked about this yesterday in the main forum. After thinking about it and being a little more clear headed, I decided to put it here in the "ask a specialist." Most of my question yesterday went unanswered. What was answered was very short...

doctor1 MD

Hello Dr I have diabetes and cholesterol Gerd and ibs Urethal stenosis. I pass slow urine or sometimes it gets blocked. Sometimes it is normal. Dr has advise me to do cystscopy but I have heard after doing cystscopy and widening the urethra pipe...

doctor1 MD

I have a bladder that is not functioning and have been self cathing for almost 7 weeks. The problem is not with the actual cathertization but after I finish...and not always immediately...I seem to have what I would term an ache or almost like a...