Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Pin pricking sensation in shoulder area. Any advice ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1851 Questions
Hi I am currently experiencing only what I can describe as pin pricking sensation in my shoulder area. This is around the area where I currently have a mole but this has not changed in size or colour or looks different. It is very uncomfortable and would appreciate some advice.
Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 5 hours later
Thanks for your query.

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     38 year old female
•     Known case of overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
•     Complaints of: Pin pricking sensation over shoulder area, shortness of breath and palpitations.

You case is interesting and but difficult too but I will try to give my best effort to help you in this problem.

Considering all your complaints together I would like to consider multiple possibilities in following hierarchy:
•     Stress, Anxiety or Depressive disorder: it need to be rule out by detailed interview by psychiatrist. All your complaints can occur in these conditions. Hyperthyroidism also increases chances of developing above problems. Daily jogging and aerobics help in some mild cases.
•     Vitamin deficiency: Get serum B12 level. Start multi vitamins as they are easily available.
•     Side effect of substance use: Stop use if any
•     Thyroid related problem: continue carbimazole under physician supervision.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor