Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Pimple on bladder area similar to mosquito bite. Herpes / genital warts & what are the precautions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10286 Questions
Hi...I had a small pimple on my bladder area for couple of months but today I noticed it has become more like a big mosquito bite. I THINK IT MIGHT BE HERPES! PLEASE HELP OF WHAT NEXT?!?


Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

I have seen the picture attached with this query.

The lesion does not look like Herpes as it is persistent for 2-3 months.

It is more likely to be a genital wart. The only way to really make sure that what is going on with you is related to a genital wart would be to see your physician. Your physician can perform a thorough examination and do a very brief test to see if it is really a genital wart. If this is the case, there are options for treatment. Let me reassure you of that. As far as treatment goes there are several options. Among these options would be to use a special cream which will help the wart dissolve and go away. In addition there is also a treatment where a doctor can use a small instrument to freeze off the wart. It will then dissolve and go away.

I hope this answers your query effectively. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wishing you good health.

Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pimple on bladder area similar to mosquito bite. Herpes / genital warts & what are the precautions? 13 hours later
Thank you so much.

But what kind of physician do I need to consult???

Specialty : Sexually Transmitted Diseases or just a GP??

I'm form Chennai, can you suggest some hospitals or doctors please?!?

What are the causes for gentile warts(HPV)?
And what blood test should I take in order to find out if this is herpes or not? Cause I'm not sure about how long I had this!
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 16 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

You can consult a dermatologist for proper treatment.

To find a good dermatologist nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at
Genital warts are caused by a type of virus. This virus is referred to as a Human papilloma virus. The virus is transmitted sexually. In order to transmit the virus one does not necessarily need to have any symptoms or any warts. The virus simply lives on and under the skin.

Herpes can be diagnosed by viral culture obtained from the fluid from lesion. There are also blood tests that can detect antibodies to the herpes viruses. Your dermatologist will guide you for the investigations.

Hope my answer is helpful. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor