Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Pelvic pain and tiny red rashes on forehead after protected intercourse. Chances of HIV?

Jul 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1993
Answered : 1196 Questions
I had some tiny red rashes on my forehead. ( I never had the on my forehead before). after a week most of them are disappeared, but one of them turned into a light brown spot (like a 2mm mole). there are also two similar spots on my both forearms. I have been really anxious and experienced stressful moments since I had a protected sex 3 months ago and I think I may get HIV. I have occasional mild (and dull) ache in my pelvic area (near groin area). I took a test at week 8th, but it came negative.
Posted Fri, 8 Feb 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX.
At the outset, having read through your complaint & your detailed description of your symptoms, may i say that from a HIV point of view, you dont seem to have anything to worry about. More so, because you state the sexual act was a 'protected' one & albeit that does not always guarantee safety, followed by a negative test for HIV more than 6 weeks later is fairly conclusive.
The tiny red rashes are acneiform lesions from the description as are the ones on your arms. Both put together are suggestive of a pityrosporum infection (fungal) most likely a condition called ptyrosporum folliculitis & is NOT an indicator of an HIV infection per se nor an AIDS defining condition.
I suggest, it is best to XXXXXXX up with a dermatologist nearest you on the ground for its treatment as any medication i may suggest for the same would require you to have a prescription & that is best done @ Ground 0.
The dull ache in the pelvic area may be an incidental finding & again may be some form of mild UTI (water & perhaps the occasional beer (alcoholic or not depending on the rules applicable in your area & your preference) to help flush out any infection.
From what i glean, this seems more a case of anxiety or venerophobia & if so, may i suggest confiding in a trusty friend for comfort or a counsellor/psychologist may be the order of the day & help you further if my reassuring words dont suffice.
If you like, 6 mths from the inital date of exposure, a second ELISA for HIV test may be done & if negative, consider the matter done & dusted.
Good Luck & Godspeed & please do continue the practice of safe sex should you indulge albeit my personal recommendation for you is to practice monogamy & a single faithful partner & wish you continued good health! Cheers!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pelvic pain and tiny red rashes on forehead after protected intercourse. Chances of HIV? 41 minutes later
Dear Dr. Rodrigues,

Many thanks for your response, I have attached the related photos for you. I am wondering if the negative HIV early detection test( RNA, PCR) as well as negative antibody test at the end of the 3rd months are conclusive?
the red rashes were on my forehead, they were disappeared except the one which turned into light brown color (like a mole). Regarding my forearms, I should say that I just suddenly found a light brown spot on each of my forearms.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 3 hours later
Hi there Again.
I have gone through your attached photographs & read your concerns regds the tests done.
I would still stick to my initial stance that the tests done indicate that you are in the clear & more so if it was a PCR test that you had done. Conclusive.
Like i said, the transient rash is not an indicator of hiv/253657?iL=true" >AIDS or HIV positivity or any STD for that matter. The light brown spots are most likely a condition called seborrheic dermatoses & are benign & would do well with the use of good photoprotection.
Cheers & trust this clears the air for you & wish you all the best.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an HIV AIDS Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor