Does Alprim interact with contraceptive pills?
Very low risk of contraceptive failure
Any kind of antibiotic will damage your intestinal flora and thus decrease slightly the absorption of estrogens from your pill.
If you can wait for two more days without having sex, then after this period of time you can start taking antibiotics like alprim, and you will be safe from getting pregnant from last night's sex.
Or you can start the antibiotic tomorrow and have protected intercourse until you finish the treatment and also 2 weeks after that, just to be sure.
As I answered in the beginning, the risk of contraceptive failure is very low, but being careful is never wrong.
Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health!
Manoku Eni M.D.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ornidazole and contraceptive pill
- Crimson contraceptive pills pills
- Are there interactions between antibiotics and contraceptive pills
- Contraceptive pills
- Contraceptive pills interaction with ornidazole
- Oral contraceptive pills poisoning
- Contraceptic pill
- Daphne pills contraceptive pill
- Tetralysal antibiotics contraceptive pill
- Is primolut tablets a contraceptive pill
- What causes disorientation while on Phenytoin?
- What causes low platelet and hemoglobin counts while treating dengue?
- What causes bleeding from scrotum?
- Are Tegaderm wound dressings breathable?
- What causes pain in the left upper thigh?
- What causes severe abdominal pain?
- How can a wound on the side of the toe be treated?
- What causes blood in mucus along with cold?
- Suggest treatment for post-nasal drip causing green phlegm in the throat
- How can a lump on the back be treated?