Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

What causes rashes on the right arm after intercourse?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 605 Questions
i took a nap yesterday evening and woke up with what looks like three mosquito bites. two of them are small but the third one is much bigger (3x the size of the other) it is located right under my right arm. i am freaked out because approximately 2 weeks ago i was having protected intercourse with a lady and the condom busted. i didnt notice until the end. I dont know her HIV status even she said she didnt have any STD's. I am freaking out if what came out under my arm is a rash or bites. my little chi hua hua was in my bed when i was taking a nap. i sent a second pic of the bites and or rash. I am freaking out. does it look like bites or a rash? could it be acute first sign of HIV infection? i have no other fly like symptoms... it does itch
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It looks like bite marks.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for writing in healthcare magic.

I have seen carefully your pictures and I think you shouldn't worry because these are just bites and not rash related to HIV.

In this situation, I suggest using a mild steroid cream locally over the area.

Based on your history having protected intercourse but the condom was busted you should know that there exists a low possibility to get HIV infection.

I'd suggest doing an HIV test just to calm your mind.

I hope my answer helps you.
Feel free to ask further.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an HIV AIDS Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor