Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Pain from neck to lung. Trembling hands. Side effects of allopathic medicines?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 660 Questions
hello doctor would you please help me with recurring pattern of pain (since about 3 years) starting from brain neck shoulder and lower part of lung swithes sides left/right as soon i wake up i start experiencing its pain effect is variable during the day hands tremble or shake when i pickup something heavy or hold it. noticed after some food trigger the pain more like chinese foods with msg eggs(boiled/fried) nescafe or regular tea with milk due to fear of side effects from allopathic medicines till today. diet vegetarian no smoke drink ocassionally
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 31 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

Recurrent attack of the pain described by you seems to me a vague poorly localised pain and it may be caused by many reasons like spinal diseases, myopathic pain, pain sensation due to depression and panic attack, cervical spondylosis etc. Tremor with this pain may also bring thyroid disorders and cerebellar disorders into the differential diagnosis list.
In all probability, this pain has something to do with the depression and the anxiety you report. However, other conditions also need to be ruled out.

Therefore I advise you to go through following investigations first:
1. Chest x-ray,
2. ECG,
3. X-ray cervical and upper thoracic spine (digital)
4. FT4 (free thyroxine), TSH assay,
5. Fasting and post-prandial blood sugar.
Along with these you should get yourself examined by a neurologist to exclude nervous system disorders.
Once we have the reports, we can discuss them in this forum.
If no abnormality is detected in the investigations then probably your suffering is functional and in that case you would need psychotherapy and probably some anti-depressant/anti-anxiety medications.

Please let me know if you have any more concerns.
Dr Arnab Maji
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pain from neck to lung. Trembling hands. Side effects of allopathic medicines? 9 hours later
Good Morning Doctor,
I really appreciate for you replying to me i never expected this detailed reply and i will go through the following tests first and try to upload the reports however it might take some time.
I would appreciate if you would give me a couple of days by the time i will go through the tests and then try to upload the reports and revert back to you. Would that be fine.?
Also one thing doctor i would like to share with you is when i breath fully i can feel a slight tension/pain in lower part of lung. Also even when slight walking or going upstairs my bones make a cracking noise this happens in legs and sometimes hand shoulders and neck part also.
Also believing your advice i am ready to do the tests because i i want to get rid of it its making my life horrible, but what should i show them when i go to patho lab like who gave you this advice. can you give me a prescription? is it possible for you? do i have to pay you anything do letme know.
Thanks a million
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 5 hours later
Hi Mr. XXXXXXX Dongre,

Thanks for writing back.

The pain in the lower part of lung when you breathe fully may be due to dry pleurisy in your lung that may be caused by many reasons like underlying TB, pneumonia or rarely malignancy. I suggest chest x-ray for evaluation of chest causes that may cause dry pleurisy. If nothing is found, on x-ray, you can have non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen for 2 weeks or so to relieve such pain. Other pain described by you seems to me your subjective feeling. If anything is there that will be detected by tests told by me.

Most labs accept self testing though I do not prefer it. If the labs insist for a prescription I would appeal you to go see a Neurologist first and then get them prescribed. I am sure your Neurologist would look for the same as tests.

Dr Arnab Maji

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor