On pill. Got periods after sex and HPT negative. Should I be concerned about pregnancy?

Dr. Monika Choudhary

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Birth Control
Question: Dr., Here is my question. My girlfriend and I had sex on July 31, 2012. She was on the pill and i pulled out as well. Three days later she stopped the pill to see if she would have a period like normally after missing the pill. Since then she has had five periods and SEVEN negative pregnancy tests the last of which was taken around ten weeks. Her last period was very light and awkward and had stopped taking the pill for about a month. She has had no symptoms and as of now there is no baby bump that we can see. She still fits into her size one jeans comfortably. Her period was supposed to start two days ago and hasnt come yet. My question is should we still be concerned of a possibility of her being pregnant? We have read so much online that we are still both nervous and scared. Thanks for answering.
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 59 minutes later
Oral contraceptive pills can decrease the amount of blood loss during periods.
As pregnancy tests are negative & she is Getting her periods, pregnancy should not be there.
For confirmation get her blood beta-HCG test done if that is negative means she is absolutely not having pregnancy.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for your further queries.