Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Occasional crystal meth user. Noticed blood in urine. What are the complication?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Critical Care Specialist
Practicing since : 1992
Answered : 1663 Questions
I have recently tonight have blood in my urine, 1 am a retired 56yr old large build wgt 250ibs unsure of its cause and what level of concern I should be at? I am also an occasional crystal meth user.Inhale it. are you there?have had some prostate clean up 2 yrs ago due frequent urination issue get a lower GI every 5 yrs.
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 3 hours later

Thanks for writing to us

There is nothing to worry, but your problem needs complete investigation.
You are now having haemeturia, that is blood with urine. I understand from your details that you have got your prostate removed 2 years back.

Well, there could be a few reasons for your haematuria. The diagnosis requires each of them to be ruled out by examination and investigation.
1. the urinary tract.
3. Could be a tumor somewhere in the urinary tract, especially urinary bladder.

Inhaling crystal meth, although has many effects on body, but certainly not responsible for haematuria.

I would suggest you to consult a general surgeon who will be able to evaluate you for cause of haematuria. You may need investigations like, urine examination and ultra sound abdomen for evaluation for heamaturia.

Hope this answers your question.
Let me know if you have any more queries.

Take care.
Dr Sadiq.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor