Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Noticed swelling and pea like pimple or lump near areola. How to remove it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
I have pea like pimple or lump near areola and it is swollen a lot (like inflammed)around it.
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 15 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

Based on your description, this looks like a local skin infection. It’s common to get such infection in this area. Local antibiotic cream, oral antibiotic and oral painkiller can help to resolve this.

This needs treatment sooner as infection in this area can spread rapidly and may form abscess and abscess will need drainage later. Therefore in this present context, I urge you to contact your local doctor for clinical examination and prescription of oral antibiotics. Besides that a clinical evaluation is suggested as one always has to be on safer side with breast lumps.

Cancer is not very common at your age, so do not be worried. Consult your nearest doctor for examination. We can safely rule out any tumors with a detailed clinical examination.

Hope this answers your query. Please ask if there are doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor