Noticed spotting after period. What is causing this?
Irregular or inter-menstrual menstrual bleeding can often be a sign of a hormonal imbalance. In young women, this is often due to certain conditions like dysfunctional uterine bleeding (DUB), polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), etc. In older women, certain other gynecological problems like a uterine or cervical mass have to be ruled out. Sometimes, an infection (such as a cervicitis) can also result in inter-menstrual bleeding.
I would advise you to see a gynecologist for a physical examination, and if necessary certain investigations, so that the likely cause for your bleeding can be established. If it is due to a hormonal imbalance, then a course of hormonal pills may regularize your cycles. If there are any other gynecological problems detected, then they have to be treated appropriately.
Wish you all the best.
Dr. Sheeba Stephen
Consultant - Emergency Medicine
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Noticed spotting after period what is causing this
- What causes green spotting after periods got over completely
- Cramping and light spotting after period what is the cause
- What causes reurring brown spotting after periods
- Spotting after periods what could be this
- What causes persistant spotting after periods get over
- What could cause spotting after period
- Having spotting after periods what could be the reason
- What causes spotting after period
- What causes orange spotting after period tubes tied