Owl Image

Noticed semen in urine. How to cure this?

Owl Image
Dr. Das Arindam

Question
hi please help me, in urine i'm getting semen.how can i solve this problem.
Fri, 28 Dec 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 47 minutes later
Thank you for posting a question.

The symptom you described may be seen in some conditions like acute prostitis, retrograde ejaculation, etc.

Now, to differentiate these conditions, clinical examination is must. In case of Prostitis, you may feel pain, frequency of micturition may get increased, and there may be strange feeling in the area between scrotum and rectum. In this condition, clinical examination, most importantly palpation of prostate gland by per rectal examination is must. And in your case, symptom indicates more towards a prostitis.

After a thorough clinical examination, a routine examination of urine is must. It will provide great information about the condition.

Treatment of acute prostitis depends upon the urine report. If it is bacterial prostitis, broad spectrum antibiotics like fluoroquinolone can be used.

So, first do the routine urine examination, and then consult with a urologist for thorough clinical examination, clinical correlation of the urine examination report and further management accordingly.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.

Follow-up: Noticed semen in urine. How to cure this? 3 hours later
hi i did urine examinations with the help of local doctor and he confirmed that some pusscells will be there. while urination process i'm getting white liquid but i didn't feel any pain in my penis and upto that i smeled that liquid more ir less its like semen smell... please help me

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later

Thank you for writing back.

As I previously told , you are suffering from prostitis. The prostatic fluid secreted in urine can be smelt like semen.

Now, you have to take broad spectrum antibiotics like fluoroquinolone. Consult with a urologist for further management.

Regards.