Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Noticed semen in urine. How to cure this?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
hi please help me, in urine i'm getting can i solve this problem.
Posted Fri, 28 Dec 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 47 minutes later
Thank you for posting a question.

The symptom you described may be seen in some conditions like acute prostitis, retrograde ejaculation, etc.

Now, to differentiate these conditions, clinical examination is must. In case of Prostitis, you may feel pain, frequency of micturition may get increased, and there may be strange feeling in the area between scrotum and rectum. In this condition, clinical examination, most importantly palpation of prostate gland by per rectal examination is must. And in your case, symptom indicates more towards a prostitis.

After a thorough clinical examination, a routine examination of urine is must. It will provide great information about the condition.

Treatment of acute prostitis depends upon the urine report. If it is bacterial prostitis, broad spectrum antibiotics like fluoroquinolone can be used.

So, first do the routine urine examination, and then consult with a urologist for thorough clinical examination, clinical correlation of the urine examination report and further management accordingly.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed semen in urine. How to cure this? 3 hours later
hi i did urine examinations with the help of local doctor and he confirmed that some pusscells will be there. while urination process i'm getting white liquid but i didn't feel any pain in my penis and upto that i smeled that liquid more ir less its like semen smell... please help me
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later

Thank you for writing back.

As I previously told , you are suffering from prostitis. The prostatic fluid secreted in urine can be smelt like semen.

Now, you have to take broad spectrum antibiotics like fluoroquinolone. Consult with a urologist for further management.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor