Noticed mucus around anus while wiping. Should I be concerned?
From your description of "Ball of gel", looks like thick
mucus around your anus.Therer are few conditions
that can cause this.
If you have small external hemorrhoids and they are
irritated, you can see mucus or sometimes even blood.
If your stool is well formed,there may not be residue
around the area and hence no stool on the tissue.
Anal fissure can be associated with mucus, but
usually there is burning during defecation.
Sometimes, if anyone used a suppository, we also
See a mucus ball.
In any case, this does not look very serious.
Please see a proctologist if this persists or gets
Wish you well.
I don't think there is any relationship between
GERD and your current episode that you described.
Sometimes Histus Hernia,GERD can be associated
with Gallstones and Diverticulosis. If you have infection
in the pockets (Diverticula) then it is called Diverticulitis
and this may result in dirrhea with mucus and blood along
with fever and chills. I don't believe you have anything
to suggest these.
Wish you well.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood smear wiping anus
- Itchy anus and mucus discharge from anus
- Mucus in anus hole
- Wiping anus with peroxide
- Thick mucus from the anus
- Itchy anus painful wipe
- Noticed mucus around anus while wiping should i be concerned
- Wiping anus with hydrogen peroxide
- Yellow jelly anus mucus
- Pink when wiping anus
- Having difficult bowel movement with blood after eating pasta....
- Getting side effects after taking taking naprosyon sr 750. Getting...
- On vitamin tablets for mouth ulcers. What should be done to prevent it?
- Started drinking infrequently. Liver scan, blood and urine test done....
- Have homogeneous texture in liver, echogenic focal lesion in right lobe....
- Have normal alt of 29 and high ast of 71. Is it possible to lower this...
- Feeling weakness after eating or working. Body getting numb and...
- Have chronic diarrhea, malabsorption, narrowing of the esophagus,white...
- Having sinus infection and sore throat. On medication. Started...
- Suffering from diarrhoea ,constipation and abdominal pains. Have rosacea...