Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Noticed blisters, flaky skin and dryness on penis. Could it be due to yeast infection?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10463 Questions
Week ago i seen my penis start to become dry like i had eczema and three days later I used a condom during sex and during the sex I felt a burning sensation on pubic area and after sex the next day I saw my penis get very dry and flaky skin then blisters came right underneath my head on right side and I play basketball so im wear tights and sweat down there a lot and since then it has gotten worse and is very sensitive and hurts on contact. And due to wearing tights it has cause the blisters to bust and its very uncomfortable. I asked the girl I had sex with and claim she got tested not long ago and is clean so I wonder is it possible to be male yeast infection help please
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
I have seen the photograph attached.
If the blisters that you are having are not associated with any kind of pain or discharge then it might be due to friction or fungal infection. You can apply a local antiseptic and antifungal ointment to have relief.
Other possibilities are-
1.Dermatitis- caused by infections, allergies, and irritants (such as soaps, certain creams). Lesions are usually in the form of itchy small red bumps.
When become white headed, it may indicate a secondary bacterial infection and formation of pus.
2.Herpes simplex - Genital herpes is a very common disease caused by herpes virus type2. It results in small, very painful blisters (fluid is inside the lesion), genital irritation, itching, they burst into the sores turns into crust, that scab
and heal in about 3 weeks.
Special tests include:
Blood tests, Microscopic examination of tissue scrap from lesions, Viral cell culture test

Direct clinical examination is essential to rule out the above conditions.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed blisters, flaky skin and dryness on penis. Could it be due to yeast infection? 2 hours later
The only time the blisters turned into to pain is when I had to wear the tights and play basketball then the friction would cause the blister to bust
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
If pain is associated with tight undergarments then dermatitis or a fungal infection is likely. You can use an antifungal ointment like Lotrimin for a few days and see if it shows an improvement.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor